As well as a being a regular visitor to central London sound studios, Chris is available to clients worldwide daily from the professional studio of his company CKUK Media. The studio has gained a reputation as one of the best-sounding specialist vocal studios in London, and is often hired by agencies and production companies to record other actors working at nearby Pinewood and Ealing Studios (recent visitors have included Dame Judi Dench, Juliet Stevenson, Brian Blessed, Honor Blackman and many others).
- ISDN (both MPEG and APTx)
- Source Connect (certified studio)
- ipDTL/Source Connect Now - browser-based IP technologies allowing high quality live connections even if you don’t have access to a studio
- Skype/phone patch - with full talkback and playback of recordings
- Rapid delivery of audio files, usually within a couple of hours of recording.
If you are in or near to London, you and your clients are welcome to attend the recording session. The studio is very client friendly, with a client lounge, aircon, wifi, and free parking.
Working to Picture
Supply existing videos as Quicktime, WMV or similar and receive a synchronised voiceover track afterwards to drop into your timeline in the edit suite.
CKUK works with many other voices in many other languages and has expert casting knowledge. So if the requirement is just for a British female voice to partner Chris or you want the same text recorded in thirty languages, let us know and we will be able to help.
- ProTools HD Native with 192 interface + multiple plug-ins
- Digidesign/Focusrite co-engineered Control 24 console
- Neumann U87 & Rode mics
- Focusrite ISA 220 & Liquid Channel preamps/compressors/eq modules
- Genelec 1030A active monitors
- Multi format APT Tokyo Worldnet ISDN codec (including MPEG, APTx & G722)
- Source Connect remote recording software
- Source Connect Now/ipDTL browser-based connectivity
- Sonifex telephone balance unit (phone patch)
- WAV/AIFF/MP3 import/export
- OMF file import/export
- SFX library & production music